Birmingham City University is located in Birmingham which is the second largest city in the UK. The University offers flexible courses for International Students. So, if you study at Birmingham City University it will provide you some life changing opportunities that will let you gain new skills and experience different cultures.
Why should you Study at Birmingham City University
- Future Investment: Birmingham City University has invested millions of dollars to develop their campus Facilities including laboratories, life sciences, new courses and other facilities. spending money to study in BCU can be seen as you are investing for your future. Because you will get better job opportunities in your future after graduation.
- Earning Opportunities: Birmingham City University offers earning opportunities to all the Students by their student employment agency.
- Work Placements: Graduating from Birmingham city University, you will get six months to one year of paid internship opportunities which is called university work placement. Work Placement will give you the opportunity to work in a professional environment that is relevant to your courses.
- Career Opportunities: If you are a student of Birmingham City University you will automatically get the membership of the university’s Graduate + community. Graduate + is basically an award that is given by the university which complements your degree and provides you with better career opportunities.
- Living in a global City: Birmingham City University is located in Birmingham which is the Second largest city in the UK. So, by studying at this University you will be able to live in a dynamic city.
- Better learning Opportunity: The teaching staff of the Birmingham City University generally comes from the UK’s leading Criminologists and also maintain the link with the industry. So as a student of BCU you will get the opportunity to learn from the experts.
- Research-led Practice: Birmingham City University has research centers for individual projects. Majority of the research from BCU like “The URR project at BCU: Ghana”, “ Universal periodic review 2022- UK civil society engagement”, etc. are recognised internationally for their authenticity and significance.
- Adjustable Courses: BCU courses combine theory and clinical expertise that provides an unique experience to the students. Besides, the majority of courses at Birmingham City University offer work placements and some courses offer you to choose a placement year.
What is the Rank of Birmingham City University?
- Birmingham City University is one of the top 30 universities in the United Kingdom.
- According to QS World University rankings 2023 Birmingham City University is ranked in the range 1001-1200 and ranked in the range 201-230 by their subject offerings.
- According to The Times Higher Education, Birmingham City University is ranked in the range 501-600 in 2023.
History of Birmingham City University
The history of Birmingham City University can be traced back to the five colleges that were brought together by Birmingham polytechnic in 1971.
The names of the five colleges were Birmingham College of Art, North Birmingham Technical College Birmingham School of Music, Birmingham College of Commerce, South Birmingham Technical College. In 1971 Birmingham Polytechnic was designated by Margaret Thatcher.
Birmingham Polytechnic had been part of LEA’s Provision after the designation .
Then in 1992 a new building commenced for Birmingham School of Jewelry and was formally opened in 1995. After that again in 1995 the university merged with Birmingham, West Midlands School of Radiography and Solihull college of nursing and midwifery.
In 2000 Technology Innovation Center was created by the former faculty of Engineering and Computer Technology. In 2001 the Defense School of Health and Care also joined the faculty of health. Some institutions were merged with the University one by one those are:
- Birmingham College of Art
- Birmingham School of Music
- Birmingham College of commerce
- South Birmingham technical College
- North Birmingham Technical College
- Anstey College of physical Education
- City of Birmingham College of Education.
By Getting those institutions as a part of the University, the university changed its name to Birmingham City University and made a new logo. Birmingham City University has undertaken major investment to create a new campus that will fit in the future. In 2013 a parkside building was opened for media and art students.
In 2015 Law, Business, and Social Science courses were opened. In 2017 a new music building was opened for Royal Birmingham Conservatoire. A new extension to the South city campus of the university, Some courses like Sports and Science, IT was opened in 2018.
Location of Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University is situated in Birmingham which is the second largest city in the UK. The location of Birmingham City University is University House 15 Bartholomew Row Birmingham B5 5JU, UK.
Intakes of Birmingham City University
BCU offers two intakes for international students. Such as-
|Intakes||Month of Intakes||Application Deadline|
|Autumn||September||End of June|
|Spring||January||End of October|
Tuition Fees for International Students at Birmingham City University (2023/24)
|Study Level||Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate Level||£13980 – £18115|
|Postgraduate Level|| £16300- £16870|
Scholarship Opportunities for International Students at Birmingham City University
International students are also eligible for the scholarships from Birmingham city University. If you are an international student you will get upto £2,000 scholarship for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
The scholarships of Birmingham City University are generally offered according to the results of the students.
Entry Requirements for Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University is a dynamic public university for international students. As an international student you must have some qualifications to study at BCU such as academic qualifications, English language proficiency.
Academic Qualifications: As an International student and want to study at Birmingham City University you must have the ability to study at level 3 or equivalent. Your grades should be 65% or above. You will get a scholarship according to your academic excellence.
English requirements: If you are not a native English speaker you must need to have an English proficiency certificate. Birmingham City University accepts both IELTS and ELLT. A minimum requirement of IELTS is 6 with not less than 5.5 but some specific courses may require higher IELTS score.
Documents Requirement to study at Birmingham City University?
If you are an International Student, you will need the listed documents to study at Birmingham City University. Such as-
Documents Requirement for Application
- All academic Certificates and transcripts
- English language test Certificate
- Updated CV
- Academic reference Letter
- Job reference Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- UK student Visa
Documents Required for Visa Application
- UK Visa Application form
- Valid Passport
- Proof of financial Statement
- Proof of accommodation Support
- Tuberculosis test
- Biometric Information
- Travel Itinerary
International Student Support at Birmingham City University
If you study at Birmingham City University it means you are living in the heart of a global and vibrant city. You can get whatever you want just a few minutes’ walk from the University. Birmingham city is called the student’s area as it is home to more than millions of students around the world.
As a student of BCU, you will get the opportunity to live and work in the youngest major city in the UK. You can visit world-class shops, restaurants and amusement parks. Birmingham City University offers their students a standard lifestyle with special learning facilities than other universities in the UK.
Birmingham City University also offers job opportunities to their students by their student employment agency so the students of BCU can get better employment opportunities during their term time and even after their studies.
Birmingham is called the student’s area so students of Birmingham City University can live safely and enjoy an outstanding life.
Birmingham City University Alumni Facilities
If you are a student of Birmingham City University you will get some opportunities as Alumni. Those are-
- BCU Email: If you’ve completed your graduation from BCU you will be able to use a BCU mail account after 24 months of your graduation, under the university student password policy.
- Graduate Scholarship: If you are a BCU graduate and want to enroll in a postgraduate degree you will be able to have 20% of tuition fee deduction as an Alumni.
- Accessing BCU System: Birmingham City University graduates can access the BCU system using their mail id for 24 months after the completion of your graduation.
- Library Membership: Birmingham City University graduates can register for free access to the library for 24 months after the completion of their study.
- Certificates and Transcripts: Every graduate of Birmingham City University will be entitled to their original certificates and transcripts and will receive an email soon after the examination board has confirmed an Award.
- References: Birmingham City University will provide two different types of references such as Verification of Studies and Character certificates.
Job Opportunities for international students at Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University offers job opportunities for the international students through their student employment agency. Main benefits of working at BCU is you will get work experience with payment. So,you don’t have to travel anywhere or search for jobs.
Birmingham City University is the best place to work. You can find your subject related job while studying at this university.
Birmingham City University is partnered with recruitment agencies and manpower. You can apply for a job through the campus scheme or through the University webpage. You can also get job opportunities by talking with the other students of the University.
If you apply for a job and get the job offer from the manpower agency you will need to register with them to submit a timesheet for the hours that you work. It can be a great opportunity for all the students to get a paid work experience during their term time even after completing their graduation.
Accommodation Facilities at Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University has nine halls of residence for the international students throughout the city. Those are:
- University Locks: This hall is situated in the city center campus just next to the Curzon building. It is convenient to the students with ideal city living and close transport facilities.
- Jennens Court Hall: This hall is located at the city center campus. It is suitable for those students who want to live in the campus and be close to the city facilities.
- The Heights hall: It is convenient to the students who are looking for city center living only.
- Lakeside Hall: The lakeside hall offers perfect living for the students with all the modern comfort.
- Stainforth House of Residence: This house of residence is located at the City center and is convenient for the students who want an ideal city living facility.
- Queens Hospital Close Hall: It is located in Bath Raw which is a twenty minutes walking distance from city South campus. You will get bars and restaurants facility here.
- Bentley House: This hall offers an ideal living facility and is convenient for the students who want to live in the city center.
- Breech Garden: It is situated just a 15 minutes walking distance from the city south campus. This hall offers ideal living with expensive garden facilities.
- The Old Fire Station: It is convenient for the students who want to live in a unique setting. The hall is located just a five minutes walking distance from the city center.
Graduate+ Award for International Students at Birmingham City University
Graduate+ award is basically an award given by Birmingham city University after the graduation which Complements your degree. The award provides the evidence to help you grow in the near future and prepare you for individual career aspirations.
As a student of Birmingham City University you are an automatic member of Graduate+ Community. Graduate+ community will encourage you to do a lot of activities that are available to you both inside and outside of the University. So, it is an Outstanding opportunity for you to test and develop your skills and capabilities in your comfort zone.
You will get the chance to develop new ideas while making any decisions.Graduate+ provides students a straightforward opportunity to engage with a multiple range of skills and enhance their experience while studying at Birmingham City University.
Transportation System at Birmingham City University
Birmingham is the second largest city in the UK. If you are living in Birmingham City and want to reach BCU You can use different vehicles. Such as-
By Bus: It will take 10 minutes to reach Birmingham City University by bus. And it will cost £3 – £3 a day.
By Taxi: It will take only 3 minutes to reach BCU from Birmingham. But it will cost £6 – £ 8 a day.
By Walk: You can go to BCU by walking. It will save your transportation cost. It will take only 12 minutes to reach Birmingham City University from Birmingham.
Application Process for Birmingham City University
Some steps are required for making an application at Birmingham City University . Such as-
- Students must apply with all the entry requirements that are needed to apply for their preferred course.
- Students need to pay 50% of their tuition fees for getting an Unconditional offer letter.
- University will not take the pre CAS interview without the payment.
- BCU will issue a CAS once the student gets Unconditional offer letter.
- Students must pass the interview during the visa process.
- University will offer a CAS letter after passing the pre CAS interview.
- Students can’t process for the Visa without the CAS letter.
Application methods for International Students at Birmingham City University
You can apply at Birmingham University in three ways. Such as-
Directly through University: You will need to submit an online application form along with the scan copies of all your academic certificates and transcripts for applying to the University. You will have to complete the equal opportunity section that is required by UK Law.
Through Country representatives: Country representatives of BCU will help to make your application and apply for the visa also. They will also offer important guidelines for travel, and living in the UK.
Through the UCAS: If you are applying for Undergraduate or a HND, you can apply through UCAS.
Through an Agent: If you are an International Student you can also apply through an agent like Aims Education. Aims Education is the largest service provider for the students who want to study in the UK, USA and Canada. Aims Education has a direct partnership with Birmingham City University. And the major benefit of applying through Aims Education is you will get 100% visa guarantee with no service charge. Aims Education also provides pastoral care to the students who come to study in the UK.