The education system in Australia is worldwide famous. Australian universities provide hands-on learning to the international students. Studying in Australia offers many benefits for the international students. Bangladeshi students can apply for an Australian student visa from Bangladesh. To apply for a student visa, a Bangladeshi student must be 18 years of age or older. In this article, we will learn how to get a student visa to study in Australia from Bangladesh. Before that, let’s know some top reasons to study in Australia from Bangladesh.
Top reasons to study in Australia from Bangladesh
Due to various positive reasons, nowadays many Bangladeshi students get immense interest in studying in Australia from Bangladesh. Australia is one of the leading countries in the world that provides state-of-the-art innovative education to international students. Here I am sharing some top reasons to study in Australia from Bangladesh. Such as:
- Australia is one of the most student friendly countries around the world. Five cities in Australia are in the top 40 in the QS best student cities in 2023.
- Australia has an amazing weather condition and provides countless weather conditions to the international students.
- In the QS world university ranking 2023, 5 Australian universities are in the top 50.
- Postgraduate job and employment opportunities
- Attractive scholarships. Grants, and funds opportunities
- Easy access to student visa
- Cultural Diversity
Subclass 500 visa and the other visas related to it to study in Australia from Bangladesh
There is student visa and multiple types of Australian student visas available. It is based on study, post-study work permit, living and working in Australia. There are three student visa categories available for international students. These are subclass 485, subclass 500, and subclass 590.
Subclass 500 Visa – ( Student visa)
The subclass 500 visa is known as the student visa. It allows a student to stay in Australia for up to 5 years for studying purposes at any educational institution. For Bangladeshi students, the subclass 500 is an Australian student visa from Bangladesh. There are many things you can do with a subclass 500 visa in Australia. We will learn about it in the next. The cost of this visa is AUD 650, unless exempt.
Subclass 485 Visa – ( Graduate route visa)
The subclass 485 visa is known as the graduate route visa. This visa will be for the Bangladeshi students who have recently graduated from an Australian institution. Temporarily, this visa will let you live, work and study in Australia. The cost of this Australian student visa category is AUD 1730. With this visa, you can stay usually between 2-4 years depending on the qualification.
Subclass 590 Visa – ( Student guardian visa)
The subclass 590 visa is a student guardian visa. This is a temporary visa. The visa length will be determined by the student visa holder’s age and staying limit. The cost of this visa is AUD 650. This visa is for the student’s parent, custodian or relative who is minimum 21 years old or older.
Mandatory documents you must need to apply for a Australian student visa from Bangladesh-
To get an Australian student visa from Bangladesh, along with passport and other academic transcripts, a student must provide some mandatory documents to apply for a student visa from Bangladesh. Such as:
- Completed the student visa application form.
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
- English test or IELTS certificate
- Proof of fund- (Sufficient funds to cover tuition, living, and travel costs)
- Subclass 500 visa Fees: 650 AUD and Biometric collection fees- BDT 3272
- GTE requirement
- Overseas student health cover or details of the health insurance policy
- Statement of purpose
English language requirements to get an Australian student visa from Bangladesh
As a Bangladeshi student or being a non-native English language speaker, an applicant must have an English language score to study in Australia or to enroll in a study programme. You will only get the confirmation of enrolment when you match the English qualification. And to get the Australian student visa from Bangladesh, you have to provide the CoE. So the requirement is-
Foundation: IELTS 5.5, not less than 5.0
Undergraduate: IELTS 6.0, not less than 5.5
Postgraduate: IELTS 6.5, not less than 6.0
GCE/O Level grade: Grade C in English
Duration of staying in Australia with an Australian student visa and how much will it cost to get it?
When you get an Australian student visa from Bangladesh, you can study in Australia for a specific period of time. You can study up to 5 years with this temporary student visa. A student’s length of stay will depend on the course and its length. You must apply for a new student visa if your intention is to stay longer. However, if your visa expires before the graduation, you might be eligible for a visitor visa (subclass 600). For this, you will need a letter from the education provider with the date of your graduation.
Besides, if you held a student visa and completed specific qualifications in the last 6 months, you will be eligible for the temporary graduate route visa known as subclass 485. The cost of the Australian student visa known as the Subclass 500 is AUD650 unless they are exempt. ( the rate can be changed with time). There is also a charge for each family member who is applying for the visa.
What can I do with an Australian Student visa from Bangladesh?
In Australia, with the Australian student visa from Bangladesh, you can do many things. Here I am sharing the things you can do with the subclass 500 visa category. Such as:
- Participate in an eligible course to study in Australia
- Can travel inside and outside of Australia
- Can work unlimited hours in any sector with a temporary measure.
Unrestricted work rights for Australian student visa holders from Bangladesh
Usually, with a student visa, a student can work in Australia for 40 hours a fortnight in any sector. But due to the workforce shortage, the working hours restrictions have been temporarily relaxed till 30th June 2023. Until this time limit, a student can work more than 40 hours a fortnight at any economic sector in Australia. Besides, a student can start working before the course starts.
However, work flexibility doesn’t mean freedom. A student must make a good balance between study and work. So a student must-
- Maintain their course enrolment
- A satisfactory course attendance
- A satisfactory course progression
How long can I stay with an Australian student visa to study in Australia
This is a temporary student visa. With an Australian student visa from Bangladesh, you can stay up to 5 years in Australia. The student visa length is usually based on the course duration. Besides, the OSHC length and the student visa length should be the same.
How can a student apply for an Australian student visa from Bangladesh?
Want to apply for an Australian student visa from Bangladesh, but unsure how to do it? Here is the student visa applying process to study in Australia from Bangladesh. There are 2 steps-
Online visa submission
- Create an Individual ImmiAccount- https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/register
- Manage/Login to your application: https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login
- Complete the application
- Upload documents (maximum 60 documents, Identity documents can be up to 500KB each. Other documents can be up to 5MB each)
- Pay application fee- 650 AUD
- Pay the visa fee using personal card or the bank card of parents
After the visa submission
- After the submission of a visa application, check messages from the embassy on biometric.
- Check application status
When can I expect a visa decision on the Australian student visa?
Usually, getting a decision on a visa usually depends on the processing time. The authority assesses the visa application on a case by case basis. The visa processing time can vary for a range of reasons. Such as:
- Visa processing time usually depends on the proper documentation. If documents are proper and orderly, processing time will also be little.
- Processing time varies with the application medium- Online or paper.
- It depends on the applicant’s response. The more quick response, the less processing time.
- Documents checking times also matters a lot
- Information receiving time from external agencies
However, getting a student visa in Australia is comparatively easy when you have proper eligibility and documents. So to get an Australian student visa smoothly, you should consult experienced counselors. Being a student consultancy firm, AIMS Education helps students to study in various renowned Australian universities. Visit us, take our service to study in Australia smoothly.
How long can I stay on an Australian student visa from Bangladesh to Australia?
As a Bangladeshi student, you can stay up to 5 years with an Australian student visa.
Can I stay in Australia after the student visa expires?
No, you can only stay in Australia until you have a valid visa. It is unlawful to stay in Australia after the visa expires.
Is an Australian student visa easy to get?
In comparison to other top countries, getting an Australian student visa is much easier. Once you have enrolled in a full-time study programme, you can apply for the visa.
How much does it cost to make an Australian student visa application?
Usually, to make an Australian student visa application, the applicant needs to pay AUD650.
What English language tests are available to apply for an Australian student visa?
These are the test options available to apply for the Australian student visa. Such as:
• Cambridge Advanced Test