Want to study in the UK from Zimbabwe? If you are a Zimbabwean student and looking for studying in the UK, you must know the information about the general requirement which will enhance your ability to adapt first. Knowing the process and requirements appropriately will help students get a student visa easily.
Benefits of studying in the UK from Zimbabwe
The Zimbabwean students choose the UK as their study destination because this country provides infinite opportunities to the students. After taking a British degree, a student will never stay behind in prosperity. The employers highly appreciated the candidates who have a UK degree. Let’s know about the benefits a student will get by studying in the UK from Zimbabwe.
- Globally recognised degrees.
Students take the international degree to get the top academic qualification. This degree is recognised by employers worldwide. Students will be assured to get a job worldwide by having a British degree. So the Zimbabwean students choose the United Kingdom as their most preferred study destination.
- Skill increasing opportunity.
The British degree is not only academic-based but also filled with skill and practical learning. UK universities provide world-class research opportunities. Rather than limiting education to the textbook or academic education, it provides students with industry-related and work-based education. Thus a student will gain many skills in the United Kingdom.
- World recognised universities.
The UK has the top-rated universities in the world. When a student takes a degree from a recognised British university, it will enhance their worth. The certificate they will get will be much valued. In the QS world university ranking, most of the universities are from the United Kingdom.
If you are a career-minded personality and want to complete your education as early as possible, then the United Kingdom is the best country choice for you. Taking a Bachelor’s degree from the UK will only take 3 years to complete. For an international student, it’s a huge relief as it reduces the extra year’s tuition fees and living costs.
The cost of taking a degree in the UK is very cost-effective. Education cost in the UK is not as high as the other countries. Besides, it gives students an opportunity to work part-time in time of studying in the UK. Thus a student can earn extra money and bear the expenses.
- Free standard medical treatment
For international students, the UK provides free standard medical treatment under the International Health Surcharge. By showing the health card in any emergency situation, a student will get various medicine, test, and doctor checkup for free. Sometimes, your dependents can also get the checkup through your cards.
- Improve the English language
The United Kingdom is an English-speaking country. It is mandatory for international students ( From non-English speaking countries) to gain the required level of proficiency before studying in the UK. Besides, by communicating with the British natives, a student will earn a good level of English language proficiency.
Admission Entry requirements to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
For studying in the UK, a student must have matched the admission entry requirement. No matter what degree you want to pursue, your eligibility and entry requirements must have matched. Suppose, you want to study at Coventry University. For that, you need these types of qualifications. Such as-
International Pathway Programme to study in the UK from Zimbabwe-
- International Foundation Year- ZIMSEC O-level
- International Year 1 ( IY1)- GCE A-levels- 2 passes D grade Average.
- Master’s qualifying programme- No country-specific entry requirements at this time.
Undergraduate eligibility to study in the UK from Zimbabwe-
If a student has ZIMSEC A Level certificate or National Diploma or Diploma in Social care and agriculture. Besides, for English requirements, a student needs UKVI IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5.
Postgraduate eligibility to study in the UK from Zimbabwe-
For a postgraduate degree, students need a bachelor’s degree year and are awarded 2.2 or a minimum of 60%.
Students who hold a specialist Diploma from a Zimbabwean University.
UKVI IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 in each skill.
Top-Up eligibility to study in the UK from Zimbabwe
For the Top-Up degree, students need an HND and General Diploma from the Zimbabwean university.
Visa application process to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Learning about the visa application process is very important to study in the UK from Zimbabwe. An error-free visa application process can make the study abroad process easy and simple. On the other hand, when you make mistakes in the visa application, it can ruin your dream to study in the United Kingdom. Let’s know about the visa application process to study in the United Kingdom from Zimbabwe. The visa application process has many steps. Such as-
- First, know properly if you need a UK visa or not.
- Now find out the right visa type you need.
- Complete the online application form with the right visa type.
- For a UK visa application, collect all required documents.
- Schedule a UK visa appointment.
- After scheduling a visa appointment, attend the interview.
Visa eligibility to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Getting a visa needs to have a certain level of visa eligibility to study in the United Kingdom from Zimbabwe. It’s not about the Zimbabwean students. Every international student must match the entry requirements to the visa eligibility to study in the United Kingdom.
- The Zimbabwean applicants must be over 16 years and be offered a course in the UK learning institution.
- A letter of acceptance or the offer letter from the recognised British University.
- English language proficiency test score by passing a Secure English Language test.
- A Zimbabwean student must provide a reference number called Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies with the visa application. A student will get this after getting accepted from an educational institution in the UK.
- A student must have enough financial stability to support himself while staying in the UK and pay for the entire course.
- A Zimbabwean student should submit all the biometric details.
- A student must apply for a Biometric Residence permit while staying in the UK for more than 6 months.
- To extend the tier 4 or general student visa, you must apply for an extension at least 3 months before your current visa gets expired.
- If a Zimbabwean student wants to take a short course at the British University, the United Kingdom will issue a Short- Stay Study Visa.
- If a Zimbabwean student intended to stay in the UK for more than 6 months, he is accepted to have a Tuberculosis test result.
- A student is required to provide all academic certificates, certificates, and transcripts from the previous qualifications.
- As an international student, you should arrive one week before the starting date of your course if the course duration is less than 6 months. However, if the course is more than 6 months, a student can arrive in the UK up to one months before.
The required visa documents to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
When you make the visa application, with it you must submit some required documents. These documents are very important to get a student visa. Let’s learn about the mandatory visa documents that a Zimbabwean student must submit with the visa application. Let’s know the documents to study in the UK from Zimbabwe. So the documents you need are-
- A current passport and other travel documents.
- CAS letter
- Mandatory financial statement.
- ATAS certificate if your course and nationality require it.
- If you are under 18, you need parental consent and proof of your relationship with your parents.
- Tuberculosis test result report.
- Written consent from your financial sponsor if you have received sponsorship for your course.
Does the United Kingdom accept the study gap for Zimbabwean students?
For many reasons, a student may need to take a break from education. Besides, a student can intentionally take a break for employment reasons. However, there can be many reasons for a study gap. Students often think that due to their gap years, they can’t be able to take a higher degree in a prestigious institution or a foreign country.
In this regard, the United Kingdom is quite flexible with study gaps. For an undergraduate degree, a 2-3 year study gap is quite normal. And for the postgraduate degree, the student can study at the British University with a 5-7 years study gap. Besides, if a student has more gap years than this with a valid reason, some British universities allow students to study in their institution.
Scholarship opportunities to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Many international students are afraid of taking a foreign degree because of the high amount of money it needs. The financial burden becomes high as a student needs to pay the tuition fees along with the living cost. But the burden can be reduced if a student gets a standard type of scholarship for Zimbabwean students, the British universities provide many scholarship opportunities. Such as-
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships at the University of Oxford.
- Reach Oxford Scholarships for Developing Country Students.
- Surrey MBA Scholarship 2022.
- Global Women’s Leadership Scholarships.
- Academic Distinction Scholarships.
- Future Leaders Scholarships in the UK 2023.
- The Skoll Scholarship 2023
- Chevening Scholarship
Career options and opportunities for students to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwean students often choose to study in the United Kingdom to get the standard academic and practical qualifications that will lead them to better employment. The United Kingdom is such a country that will provide students with academic and practical knowledge. Besides, employers all over the world cherish the British degree a lot. So when you have a British degree, you don’t need to wait for a job. The UK is such a great study destination that helps students achieve practical knowledge more than the bookish one. Before starting a job, you will get industry-based experience through work placement opportunities. However, a student can work part-time while studying there and full-time after completing education in the United Kingdom.
Accommodation facilities for students to study in the UK from Zimbabwe.
Students often get tensed about the accommodation facilities while approaching to study in the United Kingdom. And the tension is quite justified. In this case, the United Kingdom is quite justified for accommodation facilities. There are many UK universities that provide catered and self-catered accommodation facilities. Besides, if you are looking for private accommodation, you can get it through AIMS Education. AIMS Education has a direct partnership with amberstudent-a private accommodation agency in the UK.
Pre-arrival guide for Zimbabwean students to study in the UK.
As an international student, you might be wondering what will you do after landing in a foreign country. There is no one who can direct you to accept your own knowledge and preparations. Things become quite simple if you have pre-knowledge about it. So before leaving your country, ask the professionals to help you with the pre-arrival guide so that the new places and things become easier for you.
- Landing and arrival at the University
- Meet with the university arrival team.
- Attend the welcome week events.
- Meet the campus doctor for healthcare issues.
- Open a bank account
- Check your visa status.
- Get a national insurance number if you want to work in the UK.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Ans: As a Zimbabwean student, you need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. And to get the student visa, you have to match all the application and visa requirements properly. Simply, without matching all the requirements, you can’t get a CAS. And without a CAS, you can’t apply for the visa.
Q. Is the United Kingdom a good study destination for Zimbabwean students?
Ans: The United Kingdom is a good study destination for Zimbabwean students because, in a short time, it provides a quality degree from a top-rated university. Besides, a student can have many work placement opportunities while studying there which can be a good source for skill development.
Q. Can Zimbabwean students work in the UK while studying?
Ans: Yes, a Zimbabwean student can work in the UK while studying. This country provides students with an opportunity to work part-time for a maximum of 20 hours per week. During the semester break, a student can work full time. Besides, after completing education which is more than 6 months, a student can stay in the UK for 2 years as a post-study work permit.
Q. Can I switch my visa category after completing studying in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Ans: Yes, a Zimbabwean student can switch the Tier 4 visa to the skilled worker visa while studying in the United Kingdom from Zimbabwe. By migrating to a skilled worker visa, a person can get access to work in the UK.
Q. Is there any age limit to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Ans: There is no upper age limit for studying in the UK from Zimbabwe. A student can take a British education at any age. A student can apply for a student visa in the UK if he is 16 or over. A student below 16 needs parental consent and supportive documents to study at a British university.
Q. Is it possible to stay in the UK after completing my study?
Ans: Yes, it is possible to stay in the UK after completing an education. The graduate route visa provides a special privilege for international students to stay in the United Kingdom for 2 years. During this time, a student can look for jobs or take other qualifications.
Q. What popular courses do Zimbabwean students choose to study in the United Kingdom?
Ans: Popular courses Zimbabwean students choose to study in the UK from Zimbabwe. they are-
⦿ Engineering and Technology
⦿ Social Sciences
⦿ Media and Communication
⦿ Hospitality and Tourism.
Q. How much does it cost to study in the UK from Zimbabwe?
Ans: The cost to study in the UK from Zimbabwe depends on the university, course, and location you have chosen. There is various range of British universities available in the United Kingdom. Besides, in terms of living expenses, staying inside of London is more expensive than staying outside of it.
Q. How long does it take to get a UK student visa from Zimbabwe?
Ans: It depends on the regular visa service and the priority visa service. Normal visa services usually take up to 3 weeks or 21 days processing time, while through a priority visa service, a visa can be processed within 5 days. But to make it, you have to give some extra cash.
Q. Do visa interviews mandatory for Zimbabwean students to obtain a student visa in the United Kingdom?
Ans: The credibility interview is mandatory for Zimbabwean students to obtain a student visa in the United Kingdom. Through the credibility interview, the interviewers will try to bring out the true intention of a student. Besides, through the credibility interview, the authority will judge the proficiency level of a candidate.