As an international student, getting a chance to study in Canada is amazing. It is one of the most prestigious and renowned countries in the world in terms of living style, education system, recreation facilities, and many more. The majority of cities in Canada are cosmopolitan and welcome a huge number of international students every year. Students are very eager to learn about the cities in Canada before choosing one to study. So here are the top cities in Canada for international students.
Advantages of choosing the top cities in Canada to study abroad
Usually, a city that has a favorable weather condition, employment opportunities, and more livable is considered the most favorable city for an international student. Let’s know some advantages of choosing the top cities in Canada to study abroad.
- A supportive student community
- Well-planned and advantageous lifestyle for international students.
- Great opportunities for work
- Safest city
- Great transportation facility
- Moderate living costs
So, as we know about the advantages of choosing the top city in Canada for education, let’s know about the top cities in Canada for international students.
Study in Montreal City
Montreal is the largest city in the province of Quebec and the second largest city in Canada. It is one of the top student cities in Canada. According to the QS best student cities 2023, Montreal ranks 14th. The city is known for festivals, comedy shows, and cultural extravaganza. The most spoken language in Montreal is French, followed by English and other languages. Montreal is renowned for its art and culture. Montreal is known as Canada’s cultural capital. There are many reasons why Montreal is one of the top cities in Canada for international students. Such as:
- Tuition fees in the universities in Montreal are quite affordable.
- It is a committed eco-responsible city in spite of being a bustling and metropolitan city. The city’s goal is to become a carbon-neutral city by 2050
- Montreal is a mixture of past, present, and future. Because of the cultural heritage, strolling to the cities of Montreal is a visual treat.
- It is a hub for artificial intelligence research.
- A lot of job opportunities for students.
- The city has an affordable and accessible transportation system. There are more than 200 bus stops and 50 metro stations.
- The cost of living is also affordable. Single bed room will cost CAD 709-1050. Transportation will cost CAD 85, 3-course meal-CAD 60. That’s why it is one of the top cities in Canada.
- There are some top universities available in Montreal. Such as: McGill University, University of Montreal, Concordia University, Polytechnic School of Montreal, etc.
Study in Toronto City
Toronto is considered the 2nd top city for international students. It is also expensive and one of the top cities in Canada. 17% of international students study in Toronto. Toronto is known for its historical monuments, food festivals, and art. Some of the top-ranked universities available in Toronto. For international students, there are many highest-paying job opportunities available in Toronto. There are many remarkable reasons to study in Toronto. Such as:
- World-renowned education can be found in Toronto. It is Canada’s largest center of education, research, and innovation. There are many publicly funded top universities available in Toronto. Such as the University of Toronto, York University, Ryerson University, Centennial College, and Humber College.
- Toronto has a significant job market. Many high-paying jobs are available in Toronto. But it doesn’t mean getting a job is easier there. The more competent you are, the more scope you will get to have a standard job. In the survey of the top cities in Canada, Toronto always stays in the ranking.
- It is one of the world’s most diverse cities. You will get plenty of opportunities to meet new people from diverse backgrounds by staying in Toronto.
- Easy transportation system found in Toronto as there are many subways, streetcase, and bus services available. Besides, the transport fare is CAD 3.
- In the QS best student city 2023, Toronto ranks 15th.
- Average salary- C$4564, 1 bedroom cost- CAD 2020, 3-course meal- C$75, and Transport- C$103
Study in Ottawa City
Do you know Ottawa is the capital of Canada? It is considered the most livable and student-friendly city for international students. It has a lively and diverse student environment. In this city, you will find people from all over the world. As an international student, if you are looking for jobs, Ottawa can be the best city for work. Let’s know why Ottawa is another top cities in Canada for international students-
- Ottawa is mostly a diverse city. Above 50% of immigrants are from Asia and the Middle East. Besides, many immigrants are from Africa and Europe also.
- Ottawa city is full of activity. In winter and summer, an international student will find endless activities in winter and summer. Such as: skating on the Rideau Canal, boating in the Ottawa river, or exploring parliament hill. Ottawa provides many sightseeing opportunities. Besides that, a student will find a festive environment in Ottawa. It has more than 63 festivals each year.
- Ottawa is considered one of the safest cities in Canada for international students.
- Ottawa offers outstanding transportation facilities for its citizens. There are many bus and rail transit systems available in Ottawa.
- Average unemployment rate in Ottawa is only 4.4%
- In the QS best student cities 2023, Ottawa ranks 55th.
- Average monthly salary- C$4798.40, single bedroom cost- C$1120, Three course meal-C$70, and Transport Cost is around C$103.
Study in Quebec City
Quebec is another great city for international students. But it has a problem and that’s why we are placing in 4th position. You must need to know how to speak French, which is the main language in Quebec. Knowing French is a must as Quebec is considering making itself an independent country out of Canada as they consider themselves as French-speaking nationals. There are 37 National Historic Sites of Canada in Quebec City. There are many reasons Quebec is one of the top cities in Canada. Such as:
- In the QS best student cities 2023, Quebec ranks 106
- Cheapest city in Canada for international students than any other cities.
- One of the most sustainable and comfortable cities across the entire world
- Unemployment rate is quite low, nearly 3%- the lowest across the entire nation of Canada
- As Quebec needs more French speaking nationals, many job opportunities are available in Quebec.
- The universities are among the best in the country
- Monthly cost of living in Quebec- Single room cost: CAD 525-700, 3-course Meal- CAD 60, Transportation- CAD 87
Study in Vancouver City
Vancouver is the richest and also in the list of top cities in Canada. It is the largest city on the West Coast of Canada. Universities like British Columbia are on Vancouver Island. In a short description, we can say that Vancouver is a beautiful city to live in. Not much snowfall you will find in this city which is actually a major problem in Canada. If weather is a concern that you have, this city is actually a place that you look out for. It would have 200 days when it would be raining, but then it would not be snowing. Let’s know some amazing facts about Vancouver Island and why it is one of the top cities in Canada for international students-
- Vancouver is rich in academic history as some best universities are available in this city such as Simon Fraser University, and the University of British Columbia.
- It ranks 20th in the QS best student cities 2023
- If safety is your major concern, Vancouver is a place where descrimination and crime has zero tolerance
- According to a study report, it is the No.7 tech city in the world. Access to the top-tier university in this city, students can secure top jobs in the tech sector.
- Great transportation systems like rapid train, buses are available in Vancouver island.
- Plethora of employment opportunities can be found
- It has started to become the financial capital in Canada
- As per monthly living cost- single bedroom apartment rent is C$1900-C$3000, 3 course meal- C$80, Transportation cost-C$109.
However, there are other cities in the list of top cities in Canada which are also highly favorable for the international students. And many top universities are also found in these cities. So the cities are-
- Edmonton- University of Alberta, MacEwan University, Concordia University of Edmonton, and Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Calgary- University of Calgary, Bow Valley College, The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Mount Royal University, and St Mary’s University
- Ontario- University of Toronto, McMaster University, University of Waterloo, Western University, Queen’s University
- British Columbia- University of British Columbia, University of the Fraser Valley, University of Victoria, Simon Fraser University
- Waterloo- University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University, St. Paul’s University College
However, overall, studying in Canada is always a great experience for the international students. A student will not only enjoy the standard academic experience but also get the best living experience. So, if you want to study in Canada and want to know more about the academic and living experience, the counselors of AIMS Education can illuminate your knowledge with the up to date information.
Which is the most developed city in Canada to live and work?
Ans: According to a study, Toronto is the most developed city in Canada to live and work and the city attracts more visitors every year. That’s why it is one of the top cities in Canada
Which city is the capital of Canada?
Ans: Ottawa is the capital of Canada. It is considered the most livable city for international students. It is a top city in Canada.
Which city in Canada is inexpensive to live in?
Ans: Quebec province is one of the lowest cost of living provinces in Canada for international students.
Which cities in Canada have the most international students?
Ans: Most of the international students choose Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Toronto, and Quebec as the top cities to study in Canada.